Goals for 2018
Looking way back, 2016 was a huge year for me. I moved into a place of my own, paid my bills with money from MY business, and photographed over 20 weddings. I finally felt like a successful business owner after trying to kick it off for years. I used 2017 as a year for gradual growth. Book more weddings, travel more, grow as a person, and grow the relationships I have with clients.
I'm so happy with how 2017 turned out, and while I achieved many of my business goals, I flourished in my personal ones, which to me are equally important. I traveled the crap out of 2017, with the help of my boyfriend, Sam. Napa, San Fran, Philly, New York, Knoxville, and more. Long distance is hard but it sure can be rewarding when you're willing to spend time with each other in exciting places. I concentrated on making sure my clients felt heard and cared for, which was the most rewarding part of my business in 2017. I also narrowed down my brand, which is something I'll continue to do even more this year, especially during slow season
What does 2017 hold? A new city in a new state, living with my boyfriend, who has lived 500 miles away for our entire relationship until now. Also, I'm about to be a dog mom! I'm so excited for the new possibilities and have set more goals to not just pay the bills with a business, but ensure it's a successful and rewarding experience. Honestly, I don't expect to cross everything off this list, but I want them to motivate me to keep working.
- Book 23 weddings
- Take Sundays off
- No engagement or family sessions on weekends
- Attend a workshop
- Increase wedding income by 15%
- Follow stricter weekday schedule
- Blog and offer content regularly
- Concentrate on serving clients
- Take on an intern
- Have accountability meetings weekly with a fellow photographer
- Read 8 books
- No phone in the bed
- Stay creative by photographing personal portraits
- Eat less sugar / stop eating so much damn chips & queso
- Exercise regularly
- Learn more about wine
- Keep plants alive
- Make more time with people I love, even during wedding season.
- Iceland (Yeah, I know, but I am a photographer after all.)
- Yosemite National Park